Saturday, August 7, 2010

In which I TOTALLY OWN at the challenge game.

I am sick, and it sucks. BUT I have a blog to post to and a challenge to update you all on, and so I must sally forth despite my wobbly head and ouchy throat.

So for the last two weeks my challenges were:
18. Learn at least three simple songs on my accordion -- OWNED
27. Write some letters to the editor of the Sun News -- TOTALLY DID IT
52. Start learning American Sign Language. -- STARTED, AT LEAST

I OWNED this chunk of the challenge, which is excellent since I failed so spectacularly on the first bit. I learned "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "Mary Had A Little Lamb," and "London Bridge," NOT TO MENTION "Zelda's Lullaby" and "Epona's Song" from The Ocarina of Time. :D I am a huge nerd and I am proud of it, you be quiet. ^_^ I (crappily) recorded all of this on my digital camera, but we've been having some computer issues of late so it will have to be uploaded later. But if you don't believe me, ask my parents, who had to listen to me play them over and over and over.

I wrote a letter to the editor of the paper, but it turns out you're only allowed one every 30 days, so I only did the one. I have no idea if it was printed or put on the website or what, but here it is, copied from my email:

"Have you noticed the enormous amount of tow-away zones in the Myrtle Beach area? Probably not, because the tow companies like to hide their signs where you can't see them, so that you will park there unknowingly and have to give them $200. The area right behind the late Crazy J's/The Basement is a designated parking area, but when you pull in, the first thing you see RIGHT AFTER the "PARKING" sign is a row of parking spaces that are in a tow-away zone. There are about ten spaces, and the Corner Cars Towing sign is at the very end, right behind a light. How are you ever supposed to see that, unless you're parking in the space right in front of it? And they're not the only company that does that, although they are by FAR the rudest and most difficult I've ever dealt with. I wish it were mandatory that the tow-away areas had to be CLEARLY marked, from ALL angles, instead of just a tiny sign that you can't read as you drive into Piper's Point Apartments, or a hidden sign in a designated parking lot. Please stop trying to screw us all over, City of Myrtle Beach."

SO YEAH. OWNAGE. NEXT TASK. :D I started learning ASL, but I'm not very advanced yet. I can do the alphabet, almost entirely from memory, and a few words. But this will be an ongoing goal, I just have to like... remember to practice. XD

I've made up a little schedule thing for when school starts back up, so I can remember to do all the things I keep meaning to do, like helping keep the house tidy, working out (failed again to go to the gym), learning languages and instruments, and writing. I've got a laptop now so I should be able to be more on top of things. School starts in like, two weeks or something, which is slightly terrifying because I'm not ready, and slightly exciting because I'm bored. ^_^

OKAY. So for the next two weeks, these will be my challenges:
17. Learn three simple songs on my lap harp,
54. Learn to juggle,
16. Write a musical (excluding the music for the songs - the book and the lyrics can be done in two weeks, but the music will take longer).

Unofficially, I will be trying to keep learning sign language, keep practicing the accordion, and try to get into a gym schedule. I don't think I will be reaching my weight loss goal, but if I can get into a regular exercise regimen, I'll be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment