Monday, August 23, 2010

Utter failure, but a glimmer of hope! :D

It's so rare that "real life" gets in the way of my interneting, so when it happens I'm always taken completely off-guard. I've actually had like, stuff to DO lately, which is weird in and of itself, and then school started back up today, so things have been hectic.

My classes are pretty good. I only have to go to campus Mondays and Wednesdays from 12 to 4, so that's neat. Then I have two online classes which should be pretty easy and maybe even fun. I'm taking English (the 2nd American course), Math 101 (basic algebra, kill me now D:), Spanish 101 (EXCITED), and Music Appreciation (should be fun and easy). So I'm fairly excited for this semester. :D

UNFORTUNATELY, that means that I kinda failed a lot on my goals thing. These past two weeks, I was supposed to:

17. Learn three simple songs on my lap harp -- FAILED
54. Learn to juggle -- DIDN'T EVEN TRY D:
16. Write a musical (well, finish the one I'm working on, excluding music) -- WORKING ON IT

I haven't completed my musical yet, but we're getting there. We're very nearly finished with all the WRITING, and then we'll just have to do the music, and then we can cast and start filming. :D I'm excited for that, too, though it's probably going to be a month or two before we're ready to film. Still, it's exciting. :D

I'm really not doing too much better at this goal thing, am I? I guess I just really don't care as much as I thought I did about these things. XD But I always get really optimistic and excited around the change of the seasons, so maybe it'll be all right. We're planning some pretty extensive redecorating stuff for my house, so I'll probably be pretty busy between that, writing a musical, and college... so maybe I'll give the goal challenge a rest for a bit. I'll work on the sign language, accordion, and finish up my musical, and once all that's done and life has settled a bit into a routine, I'll pick it back up. I'M TOTALLY NOT QUITTING. I'm coming back to it, I swear! :D

And I want to focus a lot more on writing - I mean, that IS what I want to do with my life, is write books. So I really need to be writing more. I write a lot, just not... stories and books and things. I write a lot of nonsense, is what I write. What I'm hoping for is to get into a really good routine in September and October, so that by the time NaNoWriMo rolls around, I'll be totally ready to knock out a novel in 30 days. Reading the Hunger Games (MOCKINGJAY COMES OUT TODAY OMGWTF) has really inspired me again, like Un Lun Dun did two years ago, like Gemma Doyle did last year. It seems every year I read an amazing book or series, and then I don't do anything with that inspiration, so in November I try to re-create that kind of amazingness and expect it to come out amazing, instead of being edited and re-edited into amazingness. O_o If that made any sense at all. The point is, I need to write more, so that will be my ultimate goal until I get back into this challenge thing: get a writing routine going, like an hour a day or something. That's all I'm asking.

It's late, later than I've been up in a while (I know, it's weird for me too), so I'm going to bed now. Buenos noches. LOOK AT ME KNOWING SPANISH WHHOOOOOO. Goodnight guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment