Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm from the future.

Another suggestion from my blog muse was to write a letter to the Erin of the Future. :D So here's my letter to me in ten years.

Dear 32-year-old Erin,

Hello! It's 22-year-old Erin, remember me? I'm just writing to see how you're doing, how life's going and all. I hope it's going pretty well. For Pete's sake, I hope you're done with college. If you're still in school, punch yourself in the face RIGHT NOW. I'm gonna know if you did it or not. =/

Am I married yet? I guess I hope I am - I mean, it doesn't matter if you're still single, I'm sure life is still awesome. But it'd be nice to be married by now. What's our hypothetical husband like? I hope he's handsome and funny, smart but not too much smarter than me, sweet and caring, with interests similar to mine. I'm not even going to ask if he likes Harry Potter, because if you married him, I'm sure he does. Did we have a Harry Potter themed wedding?! Oh, I hope so. If you didn't have a HP-themed wedding, punch yourself in the face again. SERIOUSLY. That's just messed up. (I'm pretty sure we had a Harry Potter themed wedding, or at LEAST some references here and there. Like the bride and groom figurines were in Gryffindor colors or something. Or maybe we served butterbeer. I'm sure we figured something out.)

Are you a famous author yet? Were you famous before your 10-year high school reunion rolled around? If you weren't, I guess it's okay. I was just looking forward to rubbing it in the faces of everyone who was mean to me. XD But hey, as long as we're a famous best-selling author now, I'm cool. And with pronouns like these, how could we/you/I not be?!

I hope we've had a lot of adventures and fun in our lifetime. When the time comes to write a memoir, I hope future-future-me has a LOT to write about. And I hope our life has been full of joy and happiness, love and friendship. I sincerely hope my parents are still around, and my sisters are close and doing well in their future lives. Let me know how things are going with you, 32-year-old self! I look forward to finding out all about you. :D

Love,
22-year-old Erin

4 comments:

  1. hey, on the topic of harry potter--
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwpBSHEHEek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's pretty awesome. XD I wish I could play the piano that well, jeez. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehehe.
    I win.
    Is there a prize? ;)
    <3
    -Aly

    (also my a key is broken so my caps lock key is actually functioning as an A key. very strange.)

    Aaaaand I enjoyed this as well. Oh, your HP nerdiness continues to shine, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D Thanks! And yes, you do win, but I don't have a prize. I could write you a songpoem on your Facebook wall! :D You want that? I'm good at that.

    My nerdiness cannot be contained. XD

    ReplyDelete