Monday, September 13, 2010

Musings about the seasons and holidays and stuff.

I STARTED THIS BEFORE MIDNIGHT IT TOTALLY COUNTS :D

The weather today was fan-freakin'-tastic, so even though I slept through my first class (whoops) and did my Spanish homework wrong (I did it too well, actually), it was a pretty great day. I had lunch with some friends I don't see nearly enough, then hung out with my sisters, and it was just delightful.

I'm so excited that fall is nearing. Everyone loves the change from summer to fall, the arrival of the pumpkin-spice-everything, hoodie weather, apple picking if you're lucky enough to live somewhere where that's available, and most of all - the holiday season.

I don't care what religion or nationality you are, there is something for everyone to celebrate in the last few months of the year (Author's Note: this may or may not be true of all religions or nationalities). Thanksgiving is my personal favorite, mostly because it's got the best food. Seriously, it's not about the whole Pilgrims vs the Indians thing, at least not anymore. It may have started that way, but that's not what we think about these days. It's about being thankful for what we have, namely the delicious food we're about to eat. :D But seriously, it's a time for thinking of the less fortunate and being glad for what we have, and I think that's nice. It's a good holiday.

I'm excited for many things this coming fall/winter season. There are a few concerts coming up that I want to go to, there are some movies, specifically HARRY POTTER, the holidays, the weather... I'm mostly just ready for change. I'm excited for a few certain events, but really, I just love the changing of the seasons. It makes me happy. :D

Especially because here in Myrtle Beach, we really only have three seasons: semiwinter, OMGSOHOTOMG, and comfortable. Comfortable is my favorite part of the year. It happens twice - sometime in April and sometime in September or October. It really only lasts a couple of months, if we're lucky, but it's delightful. Leaving the doors and windows open, the crisp coolness of the air with the warmth of the sun... it's awesome. :D

Someone better start suggesting blog post ideas, or this Blogging Most Days in September thing is going to fail. XD

1 comment:

  1. Hiyaaa :)
    Sorry I haven't yet replied to the email :-/
    I would LOVE to go to Triple Rainbow Awesome Tour with you butttt unfortunately we have senior exemptions, which means I can't miss basically any days of school for the entire year. Senior exemptions promote disease spread...
    Anyway, sorry :( I'm glad your weather was great & that you had a good day!
    Blog ideas: Do the whole Dear Future Me thing like Charlie! :D Talk about some dreams you used to have (literal dreams or aspirations); share a favorite memory from your pre-college years (or an embarrassing story), write a book review for a book chosen at random from the public library, have a backwards scavenger hunt of good deeds and then blog about it. There's a bunch. Or you could be like me and write about things that kind of stick in your mind that day. :)I hope that helps!
    <3
    -Aly

    ReplyDelete