Saturday, September 11, 2010

Short post today, sorry. =/

FIRST, an addition to yesterday's post - "I'S" DOES NOT EXIST IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. There is no instance where that's okay. It's Sarah's and MY birthday. This is Lisa's and MY new kitten. Pictures from my sister's and MY vacation. AAHHHH IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY. It's like the I/me rule - take out the other person and see if it makes sense. Or you could just use your brain and realize that "I's" makes no sense and sounds ridiculous and is not a real word.

Anyway.

I don't really have much to talk about today. I don't want to talk about 9/11, but I would like repost a formspring response from Ed Blann, also known as Eddplant on YouTube/the rest of the internet:

What's your opinion on the 9/11 attack on America? I've always wondered what an English dude thought about it.

The events of September the 11th, 2001 were a tragic loss of human life, but I think worse than that is the response it received and the actions which followed it. The events encouraged a minority of Muslims to be more outspoken about their hateful beliefs, most of which are largely unfounded and have little basis in the Qu'ran, and worse than that led the governments of the world on a wild goose chase that has so far ignited more hatred and violence than it has abated.

By all means, remember those who lost their lives in the attacks on that day, but spare a thought for the tragic deaths since that could easily have been avoided.


I would agree, Eddplant. I am very sad for the families who lost someone, and of course I think we should honor the memories of the victims and the soldiers, but I also think that the following war and prejudice and everything else is just as bad, if not worse, and could have been avoided. Remember those who lost their lives for this country, but think about why.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I just feel as if 9/11 has become a "symbol of America" and that makes me upset. We willingly choose to define ourselves by this tragic event and return to the fact that "hey, we were victims once in our 100-some year dominance of the planet". In that way, I think people should get over it. It sucks, of course. It was tragic, of course...but the pain we inflict on others is far more widespread, long-lasting and debilitating. So I think, if nothing else, on 9/11 everyone should just remember ANY persons that have been victim to unnecessary violence, including that directly caused by the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with this. :D

    ReplyDelete